1. He set up a fine example to all of us. 他为我们树立了一个好榜样。
2. His cake is four times as big as mine. 他的蛋糕是我的四倍大。
3. I do not care whether it rains or not. 我不管天会不会下雨。
4. I have a lot in common with my sister. 我和我姐姐有很多相同之处。
5. I haven’t even touched your tooth yet. 我还没有碰到你的牙齿呢。
6. I’m looking forward to a prompt reply.盼迅速答复。
7. It is an excellent novel in every way. 无论从哪方面来看，这都是一本优秀的小说。
8. It is clear that the cat has eaten it!很明显，是猫偷吃的!
9. Nothing but death can part the couple.除了死之外，什么也拆不散这一对。
10. Now she looks pale as if she were ill.现在她脸色难看，好像病了一样。
11. She was injured badly in the accident.她在这次意外中受到重伤。
12. The secret was spread among the crowd.秘密在人群当中传播开来。
13. The two brothers look very much alike. 这兄弟俩看上去很相像。
14. Their interest is listening to others. 他们的兴趣是听别人说话。
15. There was a notice in the supermarket. 超市里有一个布告。
16. This one cannot compare with that one. 这个与那个无法比较。
17. To know everything is to know nothing. 样样通，样样松。
18. To tell the truth, I don’t like disco. 说实话，我不喜欢迪斯科。
19. True and False have opposite meanings. 真与假含义完全相反。
20. What’s the point of going to college? 上大学有何用?
21. Where can we make the insurance claim? 我们可以在哪里提出保险赔偿?这个无法与那个比较。
22. Why don’t I pick you up at your house? 为什么不让我去接你呢?